Could you be our new treasurer?
Set up in 2005, we are a UK-wide coalition of more than 80 women’s organisations (including frontline support services), trade unions and human rights groups working to end violence against women and girls (VAWG) in all its forms, including: sexual violence, domestic violence, forced marriage, FGM, stalking and harassment, child sexual exploitation, trafficking and prostitution. We are a policy and campaigns organisation challenging Government and civil society to prevent VAWG.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join the EVAW Board and become part of our active and committed Board of Trustees. This person will be an accountant or finance professional with experience of financial management. Knowledge of charity finance, accounting, governance and fundraising is desired.
Experience of the women’s sector is desirable and a commitment to EVAW’s feminist values is essential.
The Treasurer provides oversight of financial strategy, planning, systems and controls for ensuring that EVAW is in a sound financial position to deliver on its objectives, and for ensuring that Board decision-making takes full account of relevant financial considerations.
Specific examples of duties include:
- Attending 6 trustee meetings in London per year.
- Attending and chairing the finance and fundraising committee.
- Attending the AGM.
- Working closely with the Co-directors and bookkeeper to provide oversight of systems, processes, financial performance, risk and key financial and regulatory decisions.
- Advising trustees on financial performance, fundraising and key strategic decisions.
- Providing oversight of regulatory compliance issues on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
- In addition, as a member of the Board of Trustees, you will be responsible for governance, strategy, performance management, and leadership of the charity.
While this role is not remunerated, Trustees receive reimbursement for reasonable travel and subsistence expenses.
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity further, please submit your CV along with a brief summary of your interest to:
Rosie Parratt [email protected] Tel: 020 3735 8219
Deadline for applications 7th June 2019